This was the initial beginning phase of numerous community engagements which followed and went on to 2016. Alongside the engagements, in 2016 Luleka did entrepreneurship in Johannesburg at the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS).
Luleka credits the programme as having played a huge role in pushing her making her step out of her fears and comfort zone and follow the journey of working with communities, which is something she’d never thought she could attempt. This then resulted to Luleka’s resignation in December 2016 and the official registration of Urglobal as an entity.
- Finalization of Urglobal’s diverse advisory board
- DUT partnership
- 7 new schools
- Luleka selected to be part of the MWF to advance Urglobal’s vision
- Urglobal Donated 4 laptops to Bushulas J.S.S
- Urglobal Donated 3 laptops to Luphilisweni J.S.S and helped them complete construction of their computer room
- Urglobal assisted Kubha S.P.S with plastering their classroom floors
- Luleka awarded a fabulous women award in recognition of the sacrifice and work Urglobal does in rural communities
- Cashbuild partnership
- Mictseta accreditation
- Land excavation for the skills centre
- Land fencing for the skills centre
- Acquired 2 hectors of land from the local Chief and Eastern Cape Department of Agriculture for the skills centre
- Urglobal won in a national competition called the festival of ideas run by GIBS, SAB foundation and Barloworld.
- Ran a pilot at Luphilisweni J.S.S,
- Rolled out the programme at Kubha S.P.S and Bushulas J.S.S
- Luleka selected to the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) SADC